Mora Tops Han On ESPN FNF


The Beau Rivage in Biloxi is building a name as the go to place for premiere fights East of the Mississippi. That sentiment was proven Friday Night when fans were treated to a televised professional fight card. In a night, which should have featured, IBF Middleweight Champion Jermaine Taylor instead showcased a battle between Sergio "The Latin Snake" Mora (28-3, 9KOs) and former martial artist Abie the "Sun City Warrior" Han (23-2, 14KOs). "The Latin Snake" received no point deduction for slippages in rounds 2 and 3, causing Han to advance his prowess and get a 'clear' 10th round knockdown. Although Mora entered the ring as the crowd favorite, the final decision clearly caused a visceral divide between fans and the judges' outcome. Mora wins the USBA Middleweight Championship by split decision. Scores were114-113 Mora, 115-112 Han, 115-112 Mora

***Newly crowned WBC American Heavyweight Deontay Wilder received a warm welcome from the Magnolia State. co- founder Brad Cooney was ringside and managed to snag some photos and exclusive behind the scenes interviews.

Two southern boys squared off in a super welterweight bout in the second fight of the night. 19-year-old Southpaw sensation Erickson "The Hammer" Lubin (9-0, 6KOs) punished 23-year-old Michael Finney (12-2-1, 10KOs) for 8 rounds. After receiving the fight just a day earlier, Finney looked physically inept against his younger more vibrant counterpart. Up and coming prospect the "Hammer' remains undefeated, getting the unanimous decision win. 80-72, on all cards.

Friday Night Fights opening bout was the stunner that kicked off a great night of boxing. Light heavyweight 24-year-old sensation Ahmed Elbiale (10-0, 9KOs) increased his knockout ratio with a TKO win over West Virginian Dustin Echard (10-1, 7KOs). After putting on a sensational showcase of boxing dominance, the fight came to a heart-wrenching end in round 2, when Elbiale's right hook sent Echard sailing through the ropes, ultimately landing him to the out side the ring. A visibly disoriented Echard would be allowed to continue before referee Bill Clancy called the match, when Echard could no longer defend himself. Official time was 44 seconds into round 2.



Repost This


8cn networks